The Philadelphia Orchestra in Concert on WRTI 90.1: Haydn's Oratorio The Seasons, Aug. 19, 1 to 4 PM
The vast canvas of an oratorio that begins with the turn from Winter to Spring, and progresses through Summer, Autumn, and Winter, The Seasons , by Joseph Haydn , expands this Sunday’s Philadelphia Orchestra in Concert broadcast to three hours.
WRTI Picks from NPR Music
- Tony Bennett Revisits 1949 Debut Single With Help From Diana Krall
- After Criticism, Philadelphia Orchestra Adds Female Composers To Its New Season
- Christian Tetzlaff: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just The Violinist
- One Key, Many Notes: Ólafur Arnalds' Piano Rig Fuses Technology And Musicality
- On 'Fanfare For The Common Man,' An Anthem For The American Century