When trombonist and Philly native Ernest Stuart created the Center City Jazz Festival back in 2012, he did so out of what he felt was necessity. “The scene was shrinking,” says Stuart, a 2008 graduate of Temple's renowned Jazz Studies program.
WRTI Picks from NPR Music
- Top Dutch Orchestra And Ousted Conductor Daniele Gatti Settle Dispute
- After The Flames, Notre Dame's Centuries-Old Organ May Never Be The Same Again
- A Visitor's Guide To Bach's 'St. Matthew Passion'
- The All-Female Big Bands That Made History During World War II
- Readjusting Your Reality: Ellen Reid Wins Music Pulitzer For 'p r i s m'