The new record label La Boîte à Pépites is dedicated to raising the profile of female composers whose works have been neglected.
WRTI Top Stories
Media in Argentina have broadcast audio recordings of police wiretaps that prosecutors say includes the voice of the famed singer making plans for a sexual encounter arranged by the crime ring.
A family of Afghan musicians in the U.S. wants to raise awareness about their plight.
Although much of his work was as a sideman, Wadud was one of the most important jazz musicians of the 1970s, '80s and '90s.
The Philadelphia Orchestra in Concert on WRTI: Yannick Nézet-Séguin conducts two Beethoven symphonies and a sermonJoin us on Sunday, August 14th at 1 PM on WRTI 90.1, and Monday, August 15th at 7 PM on WRTI HD-2 when our Philadelphia Orchestra in Concert broadcast brings you a performance recorded live in November, 2021 and conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin.
WRTI Video Spotlight
Watch Cuban-American cellist and ASTRAL artist Thomas Mesa perform Andrea Casarrubios's Seven.
Latest Classical from NPR Music
- Classical musicians with ties to Plácido Domingo arrested in Buenos Aires
- Home is never far for the Ukrainian Freedom Orchestra, even when touring in the U.S.
- Attacca Quartet / Caroline Shaw, 'First Essay (Nimrod)'
- Interpreting the music of Julius Eastman, Wild Up honors the composer's vastness
- Johnny Gandelsman, 'O'
Latest Jazz from NPR Music
- Pianist Emmet Cohen hosts a Harlem rent party for the modern day
- SFJAZZ Collective: Tiny Desk (Home) Concert
- DOMi & JD BECK: Tiny Desk Concert
- After a pandemic disruption, Newport Jazz Festival makes a poignant, euphoric return
- Tyshawn Sorey's 'Mesmerism' celebrates the everyday miracle of the jazz rhythm trio