Composer Andrea Clearfield took her longtime Philly Salon online. The “ZALON” continues the tradition by featuring a diverse array of artists and genres. There will be a public rebroadcast of the last ZALON of the 33-Year Season on July 19th starting at 2pm EDT at http://www.vidiksis.com/zalon and will remain up for a limited time. See the program below.
This event is free. You may make a simple tax-deductible donation that goes to the performers here.
Questions about donations can go to Gerardo Razumney at Zalon.Donations@AOL.com
July 12th ZALON program rebroadcast:
1. Bandoneonist/composer Leandro Ragusa performs his works “Tema de Cata” and “Al trio Quasimodo” from his home in Buenos Aires, Argentina with flutist Nili Grieco
2. Cellist Steve Kramer performs excerpts from the Unaccompanied Suites by J.S. Bach at his home in Philadelphia
3. Nicole Francesca Diaz-Pellot, dancer/choreographer, performs to a spoken poem "I Can't Breathe" by I-SAY-uh
4. Quire of Cheahs (Phillip Cheah, multitrack recording artist) performs “Sleep” by Eric Whitacre, recorded in his NYC home
5. Flutist Tessa Brinckman and pianist Matt Goodrich perform Eugene Bozza’s virtuosic “Agrestide” from Tessa’s home in Southern Oregon
6. Honky tonk soul outfit Weege & The Wondertwins (Lexi Weege, vocal, Aj and Tom Del Negro, bass and guitar) perform from Easthampton, MA
7. Paul Reisler, will perform his original songs and instrumentals from his home in Washington, VA
8. Singer/songwriters Carol Morgan-Eagle and Daniel Pretends Eagle perform original songs from their home in Taos, New Mexico
Andrea Clearfield - host/curator
Adam Vidiksis - lead engineer/technical direction
Engineers: Marina Ballesteros, Jonah Pfluger, Andrew Litts