Join WRTI Hosts at the Beautiful Historic Houses of Fairmount Park on December 1st
There will be plenty of musical holiday cheer at the kick-off event for "A Very Philly Christmas," at the Historic Houses of Fairmount Park. WRTI hosts, including Gregg Whiteside, Debra Lew Harder, and J. Michael Harrison, will greet you personally on Saturday, December 1st for "Sounds of the Season."
Several of the historic homes, decked out for the holidays, will be filled with music:
- Cedar Grove: Soloists from the Black Pearl Chamber Orchestra, 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM with WRTI's Debra Lew Harder from 10:30 AM to 1 PM
- Historic Strawberry Mansion: Vocalists from Opera Philadelphia, 2 to 3:30 PM, with WRTI's Gregg Whiteside
- Laurel Hill: Minas, Brazilian Music with Orlando Haddad and Patricia King, 12 noon to 3:45 PM, with WRTI's J. Michael Harrison from 12 noon to 3 PM
- Lemon Hill: Jazz Vocalist Joanna Pascale, 12 noon to 3:30 PM
- Woodford: New Covenant Church of Philadelphia, time TBA
A day pass allows you access to all of the houses with house-to-house transporation provided by PHLASH - "Sounds of the Season" tickets here
Beyond December 1st, the good times continue throughout the month at the Fairmount Park Historic Houses with events for everyone! Check out the exciting list of December events.