Diversity at WRTI
WRTI Diversity Statement
As a licensee of Temple University of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education, WRTI is guided by and adheres to the goals and standards articulated by the university. The Diversity Commitment Statement is listed follows:
Temple University is committed to building a diverse educational community founded on respect, open-mindedness, and the appreciation of others. Our policies, practices, and programs exemplify our commitment to civility, non-discrimination and pluralism, encouraging dialogue that builds meaningful and collaborative relationships throughout the university. Our shared responsibility is to enhance the quality of life for all members of the Temple community, providing a safe, welcoming, and supportive environment in which to work, learn, and grow, thus realizing the transformational power of being a part of the Temple community.
Complete information the university’s diversity policies and initiatives can be found here.
WRTI strives to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. Additionally, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s (CPB) Diversity Edibility Criteria require public media organizations to adopt formal goals for diversity and to report annually on steps taken to work toward those goals. These actions are required for all stations receiving Community Service Grants funds (CSG).
To that end, WRTI has set the following diversity goals:
- To recruit and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of our service area.
- To provide equal opportunity in employment by pursuing diverse sources when recruiting for jobs
- To educate our management and staff annually in best practices for maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment for all persons. This includes mandatory diversity training for all staff members.
- To seek opinions and participation that represent the geographically and demographically diverse composition of the many communities we serve.
- To assist in developing a more diverse future workforce with professional skills in the broadcasting/media industry by recruiting diverse candidates for WRTI internship opportunities and/or by participating in minority or other diversity job fairs.
More information on WRTI’s EEO Outreach and EEO Activities is available here.