WRTI Major Gifts Officer
Major Gifts Officer (open to apply by 4/9/2021)
(email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when this posiiton is open to apply)
The Major Gifts Officer secures funds for WRTI by fulfilling the interests and passions of donors by providing them with compelling and relevant giving opportunities. This position encourages donors to give, reinforcing their integral role as partners, and WRTI's role in fulfilling their philanthropic values and vision through WRTI. The MGO assures that as many donors as possible are retained, upgrade their giving, and maximize their involvement.
- Qualify current donors, identify new prospects, and define caseload(s)
- Create individual goals for each person in caseload based on the donor's history of giving and knowledge of that donor's potential
- Create plans for each donor that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for each person on the caseload
- Execute caseload plans to achieve retention and upgrade goals
- Work with various departments to secure appropriate project information, including budgets. Create offers, proposals, and asks targeted to caseload donors and prospects to secure gifts
- Create monthly reports for management that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance
- Perform other major donor activities as may be required
Education and Experience:
Relevant Bachelor's degree required. At least 4 years directly related experience including significant professional responsibility for an equivalent functional role in donor relations, fundraising coordination, and/or customer service/support. An equivalent combination of directly related experience and education may be considered.
- Experience and agility using donor management and/or CRM systems (Allegiance preferred)
- Public Media experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for music, public media, and the mission of WRTI to Champion Music as a Vital Cultural Resource.
- Goal-oriented, creative, and motivated by helping others pursue their passions and interests
- Appreciation for the power of data and metrics to inform strategy and decision-making
- Ability to leverage various communications platforms for donor communication, involvement, and cultivation
- Works well in a team environment and maintains a positive objective approach and attitude, while looking at challenges as opportunities to improve and grow
- Some travel required.
WRTI is located on the main campus of Temple University in Philadelphia and serves a large audience of classical music and jazz listeners in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. Our vision is to be an institution that inspires a rich life and positive social change through the power of music. Our mission is to champion music as a vital cultural resource. We pursue that mission through our values of curation, discovery, performance, community, education, and preservation.